Make a tasty Oreo protein shake at home with this easy recipe! Perfect for pre- or post-workout fuel. No need to go to the mall for this treat.
Both pre-workout and post-workout meals are two very important intakes for athletes. First, the pre-workout meal allows us to have a greater amount of glycogen in the muscle cells and be able to perform better in training. Then, the post-workout meal is very useful to provide the body with the nutrients it has used and consumed during the physical activity and to recover from the hard training.
How to make Oreo protein shake
You will need:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 Oreo cookies cut in half
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 4 tsp chocolate syrup
What You Have To Do
- Chill the glasses in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to prevent the shake from melting too quickly.
- Top the glasses with chocolate syrup.
- Place vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies and milk in a blender.
- Blend until the Oreo cookies are completely mixed with the milk and ice cream.
- If you want to add a special touch, you can add crushed Oreo cookies on top of your shake.
- Pour into a glass and you can add a little bit of whipped cream for decoration and an extra Oreo cookie at the bottom.
- This recipe calls for skim milk, but you can use water to save about 100 calories.
- 4 Oreo thin cookies (the thin ones) equal 24 grams and have 114 calories
- 200 ml skim milk 90 calories (it’s better to use coconut or almond milk, which have fewer calories)
- The ice cream I use is Halo Top, which has 35 calories per tablespoon. If you can’t get it, you can use any other flavor since it’s a very small amount.
- The protein scoop is optional, but whether you are building muscle or on a low-fat diet for definition, it provides more nutrients.