Greek yogurt and coffee ice cream is the best antidote to the heat, because it’s creamy and, above all, refreshing on these hot days. In fact, it will allow you to have an extremely healthy and nutritious snack without having to give in to gluttony.
You will see that it will be appreciated by everyone in the family, who will even ask you to make it every day. Moreover, if you want to surprise your guests by offering them a dessert that is different from the usual ones, this ice cream is the one to go for.
You will also be serving an extremely light ice cream, low in fat and calories, which is ideal for a controlled diet, allowing everyone to make a small exception to the rule without any consequences. Among other things, the preparation is not at all complicated and much less demanding, anyone can try their hand at the enterprise and obtain an exceptional final result, to say the least.
Greek yogurt and coffee ice cream recipe
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: About 6 servings
Calories: 130 per serving
- 3 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate flakes
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of instant instant coffee
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- First, place the ice cream bowl in the freezer for 24 hours (the day before) so it’s ready and frozen when you want to use it.
- Place the Greek yogurt in a bowl, add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and mix well with a spatula.
- Once you have a creamy mass, add the instant coffee and mix so that it is reabsorbed and binds well with the other ingredients.
- Once this is done, prepare the ice-cream maker, pour the mixture into it, activate and let it work for 15-20 minutes until the consistency is nice and soft and homogeneous.
- Finally, put the ice cream in a rectangular glass mold and eat it immediately by putting it in a cup or put it in the freezer and enjoy it whenever you want.