The arms are often forgotten. Women are afraid of looking too muscular, so we focus more on working the lower body (buttocks, abdomen and legs), but this is really a mistake!
Do not think that training with weights will make your arms look very developed. Increasing arm muscle mass in women is not easy: our testosterone levels are lower than men’s, in fact it has been scientifically proven that having more of this hormone makes it easier to gain muscle mass.
Also, increasing muscle mass is a slow process that takes time. You need to follow a high-calorie diet and perform a demanding workout.
BENEFITS OF ARM TRAINING
- Correct body position. And thanks to the development of muscles and their strength, the organs are kept in the correct position and their functioning is improved.
- Increases calorie burning. By increasing muscle mass, metabolism is activated and the body burns more calories, even at rest.
- Helps prevent injuries. Strong muscles improve movement, prevent poor posture and reduce injuries.
- It improves the physical aspect. It avoids the flaccidity of the arms.
- Don’t forget strength and don’t neglect other parts of the body!
How to get rid of flabby arms
- Standing up, and take the dumbbells
- Tilt the upper body a little, until it is almost parallel to the ground.
- The palms of your hands face the body and use the triceps to lift the dumbbell until the arm is bent.
- It is important to move only the forearm and keep the elbow fixed.
ONE-SIDED SHOULDER LIFTS
- Standing up, with dumbbells in our hands
- Place one arm at chest level and from here we will stretch the arm upwards, extending it.
- It is important that the force is made only with the arms.
- And that the rest of the body remains stable, keeping the back
- Standing with a straight back and legs shoulder-width apart, he leads the dumbbells to his chest.
- If you cannot bring your arms to your chest at the same time, go interspersed between one arm and the other.
- Be sure to keep your elbow close to your body and use your biceps for strength – watch your lower back!
BENCH PRESS WITH DUMBBELLS
- Place yourself face up on the floor, with your back to the floor and your legs bent.
- Now bring the dumbbells to your chest.
With your arms at 90º, lift them up so that they are fully extended.
- Lower them again and repeat the exercise.
Work your arms 2-3 days a week and do 2-3 sets of these exercises, with about 25 repetitions each. Use any weight you want but be able to do the repetitions with effort. At the beginning it is better to start with a few kilos and increase it over the days. Insert one arm and the other and do the same repetitions with both arms.
Keep reading: 5 effective abs exercises to get a flat and toned stomach at home