Got a sweet tooth but no flour? Fortunately, you don’t have to go without a good dessert. Because you can prepare an excellent and delicious rich cake that does not require the use of flour, resulting also quite light.
In fact, with a rather low calorie intake, it is perfect if you have decided to stay on a diet. However, without necessarily having to deprive yourself of a small slice of dessert from time to time. But apart from this small and not negligible advantage, this is a dessert that manages to make everyone’s mouth water, and it is not by chance that it is extremely delicious and almost irresistible.
Thanks to this cake, you will always have a healthy and genuine dessert to eat for breakfast, as a snack or at the end of a meal, making young and old happy.
Once out of the oven, it will probably finish a little too quickly, but it is so quick and easy to prepare that you can make it again right away.
This is the recipe for a very rich and light cake with very few ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Calories: 100 per slice
- 350-400 g of Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons stevia sweetener (or alternatively 5 tablespoons regular or brown sugar, maltitol or erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- Start by breaking the eggs and separating the whites from the yolks, then add the stevia (or sugar) and whisk them for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the yeast and cornstarch and start mixing again, then add the yogurt and start mixing again, but without whipping.
- When you have obtained a mixture with a smooth and homogeneous consistency, stop, take the egg whites, beat them with an electric whisk and add them to the mixture.
- Line a 16-18 cm round dish with baking paper, pour in the mixture and shake gently.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, carefully remove it from the mold, carefully remove the baking paper, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve.
You will feel like you are eating a cloud, it is a really soft and delicious cake. Moreover, it is very quick to prepare, it melts in the mouth and above all, the children will always ask for it!