Cherry clafoutis is excellent for those who are on a diet but can’t give up sweets and always want to make a mistake. In fact, it does not contain flour or refined sugar, which allows those who want to keep fit to commit a small sin of gluttony.
Moreover, it does not contain gluten, making it ideal for those who suffer from specific food intolerances or celiac disease, making it an absolutely perfect dessert from every point of view. And it’s so good and fresh that it will make you appreciate summer even more, because every portion goes down like a treat.
Adults and children will simply adore it and will ask you to make it often and gladly, especially because it will be ready very quickly and the desire to eat it will never cease. To prepare it, you will not have any problems, the procedure is really simple and not very demanding, among other things, you will not even have difficulty finding the ingredients, you can easily find them in any supermarket.
No flour or sugar in my recipe for cherry clafoutis!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Calories: 160 per slice
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 200ml of milk
- 140 gr of cherries (frozen are fine too)
- 50 g of almond flour
- 40 g of potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 10 g of almond flakes (optional)
- First peel the banana, chop it in the blender jug, mix it to a puree and put it in a bowl where you have already put the almond flour.
- Now mix well with a spatula, add the eggs and mix until you get a smooth, lump-free and homogeneous consistency.
- Add the vanilla extract, stir, add the milk and mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the potato starch in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the previously prepared mixture. Mix and then add to the dough with the banana and almonds and continue to mix.
- Cover a ceramic baking dish with parchment paper, transfer the dough and decorate the surface with cherries and almond flakes.
- Finally, bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes, leaving the clafotuis to cool and serve.
If you don’t like banana, you can substitute 90 grams of apple puree, or you can substitute rum for the vanilla extract.