Melt belly fat is a problem that plagues many people. Belly fat is the fat that is stored around your waist. Excess belly fat can have a negative impact on your health. It can lead to some serious diseases such as high blood sugar, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and some heart diseases.
Here are 5 standing ab exercises to melt belly fat. So you need to constantly monitor your caloric intake and exercise regularly to burn more calories.
5 Effective Standing Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
1. Standing wood chop
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip width apart, maintaining center of gravity, hands at sides.
- Raise both hands above your head to the right, rotating your body and toes naturally to the right as you turn.
- Swing your arms diagonally across your body in a “chopping firewood” motion toward your left ankle, letting your torso and toes rotate naturally in that direction.
- Focus on keeping your lower body stable and flexing your core to rotate. This is one repetition.
- Raise the arm to the upper right back to begin the next repetition.
- Continue to repeat the exercise on the same side for a certain amount of time or repetitions, then switch to the other side.
2. Curtsy Lunge to Side Leg Lift
- Stand with feet hip width apart, hands at ear level, palms facing forward, elbows bent (as shown) or folded across chest. This is the starting position.
- Step right foot diagonally behind left leg and bend both knees into a lunge.
- Press left heel to stand upright and lift right knee out toward right elbow.
- Lower right leg and bring it behind left leg, repeat.
- Complete the number of reps on one side, then switch to the other side.
3. Standing Cross Crunch
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, arms raised to ear level, palms facing forward, elbows bent. This is the starting position.
- Twist your torso to bend your left knee toward your right elbow.
- Lower your legs to the floor and repeat the twist to the other side.
- Repeat the action.
4. Alternating Standing Side Crunch
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands behind your head and elbows extended.
- Raise your left knee toward your left elbow as you bend your body to the left. This is one repeat
- Continue to repeat the given number of times, alternating sides.
5. Squat to Oblique Crunch
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder width, arms raised to ear level, palms facing forward, elbows bent. This is the starting position.
- Squeeze abs, keep chest open, back straight, focus on heels, push hips back and bend knees to lower into a squat.
- Stand up straight again, twist your torso and bend your left knee toward your right elbow.
- Lower your legs to the floor, then squat down again and repeat the twist with the other side. This is one repetition.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
Keep reading: 8 Exercises that’ll melt your inner thigh and vagina fat