Choosing the right exercises is essential for toning any part of the body, but when it comes to glutes it is even more important. This area needs ultra-targeted exercises to be properly trained and toned.
If you are also one of those people who can’t find the time or desire to go to the gym, we suggest below a workout routine for glutes that you can also do at home.
Exercise 1: Lateral leg lift
- Lie on your right side on a yoga mat. Support your head with your hand.
- Lift your left leg as high as possible, keeping it straight at all times. Hold it up for a second.
- Slowly bring your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times, then switch legs.
Exercise 2: Glute bridge
- Lie on your back, with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your hips to form a straight line with your body, from shoulders to knees.
- Pause in this position, then slowly return to starting position.
- Perform 2 sets of 12 seconds each.
Exercise 3: Lunge with weight
- From a standing position, with legs slightly apart, grasp a weight in each hand.
- Extend one leg back, leaning forward until your body is parallel to the floor. Stretch your arms towards the floor.
- Return to starting position.
- Perform 12-20 repetitions with each leg.
Exercise 4: Skaters
- Jump to one side, as your toes touch the ground, swing the opposite leg back.
- Quickly jump to the other direction, continuing to alternate legs until the repetition is complete.
- Perform 25-50 reps total.
Exercise 5: Donkey kicks
- Get on all fours on a yoga mat, placing your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Your back should be in a neutral position and you should bring your shoulder blades down.
- Inhale, then exhale and, keeping the knee bent, lift the right leg until the thigh is in line with the spine.
- Inhale and bring the right leg back down to return to the starting position, but without resting the knee on the mat. Repeat 10 times on each side.