One of the great challenges you can achieve with these exercises is to get rid of your love handles and slim your waist.
Many women want to have a small and a wasp waist and a slim silhouette in a short time. To achieve this, the first and most necessary thing is to improve lifestyle habits.
The two main factors that affect the accumulation of fat in your body are diet and exercise, as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
To help define your waist, try these exercises.
1- Seated twist
- Sit on the mat with your legs straight, elbows relaxed and abdomen tucked in (you must bring your navel toward your spine).
- From this position, slowly turn to the right while touching the floor near your hips, then return to the center and continue with the left to complete one repetition.
- Remember, the movement is not large and should come from the rotation of the torso.
- Try to keep the abdomen involved at all times and that this movement is done in a more controlled manner.
- Do 30 repetitions of this exercise
2- Leg lift
- Lie on your back and raise your legs while keeping them bent.
- Place your arms at your sides with your palms flat, then move your legs to the right and let them fall, but this time without touching the floor.
- Return to the center and repeat on the other side without touching the floor.
- You must control the descent and recovery. Continue the movement from one side to the other, you will work the abdomen to strengthen it, as well as it will help you to mark the waist.
- Perform this exercise for about 20 repetitions.
- Begin this exercise with a side elbow plank so that your body is resting on your right side with the opposite hand behind your head.
- Now slightly lower your hips and lift your pelvis so you can feel the work on your abs.
- Lower your hips and lift your pelvis again, and continue for about 20 repetitions before switching sides.
4- Touch elbow plank
- Start with a high plank. To do this, place your hands on the floor, and extend your legs to form a straight line with your entire body.
- Then lift your right leg and bring your knee to the side so that you can touch your right elbow, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise, but alternating sides.
- Remember to activate your abdomen. You can repeat this exercise 30 times.
5- Mountain climber with twist
- Start with a high plank. You must then rest on your hands and toes and engage your core.
- From this position, turn to bring the right knee toward the opposite elbow.
- Then return to the starting position to complete one repetition and continue the exercise.
- This time switch legs and bring the left knee to the right elbow, return and continue alternating sides.
- Perform 20 repetitions.
6- Stand-up twist
- This last exercise should be started by holding a dumbbell above your head while turning your body to the left and moving your right foot as needed. As shown in the picture.
- Now move the dumbbell along your body in a clockwise direction as you raise your right knee.
- The weight should be on the outside of your right hip, then lift the weight to return to the starting position and lightly tap the floor with your right foot to complete the repetition.
- If you prefer, this movement can be done without weight, just bring your hands together.
- Repeat the exercise 20 times.