Infused detox water help you recuperate faster from a workout. or simply drink something natural and healthy. Adding these ingredients in your body can have many effects such as reduces muscle fatigue while working out, detoxing your body from past junk food and lose weight fast etc. It is a great yummy healthy option over soda.
Lemon to help with digestion, wrinkles, weight loss. Cucumbers to promote clear skin, flushing out water, and building healthy muscle tissue. Mint to help keep your mouth clean and reduce headaches and stomach aches. Ginger for circulation, clearing up sinuses, and promoting joint health.
Staying hydrated is essential to staying healthy, and infused waters make staying hydrated easy. While fresh juice does provide hydration, it’s a one time drink whereas you can drink a batch of infused water all day long, especially if you make a large pitcher.
- 2-3 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 18-20 mint leaves
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp ginger ground
- 1 gallon of water
- Thoroughly wash all fruits and veggies and thinly slice the lemon and cucumber.(If you don’t have a slicer, I suggest purchasing one if you plan on doing this a few times a week. I use this slicer from target which works very well and doesn’t take up much room in storage.)
- Fill container with ingredients and fill to the top with water.(I prefer to use this 1.25 gallon slim water jug in my fridge. I found it at The Container Store and they have multiple sizes.)
- Soak in fridge overnight and enjoy within 2 days.
If you drink a gallon of water on day 1, you can refill it up and let it soak a second night with the same ingredients (just add more ginger). Mint leaves will start to go bad after about 2 days of soaking.
Studies have shown that drinking infused detox water may help improve weight loss and support long term weight loss maintenance.