To lighten your hair naturally without using chemical dyes, try this homemade honey and cinnamon hair dye.
Changing your hair color has always been a damaging process for your hair. But what if you had the alternative of coloring your hair without any side effects?
Hair coloring is the best way to express yourself and look trendy, thanks to the different options we have such as blonde, red, black, gray and other colors.
In fact, changing your appearance is a quick way to get rid of your old, boring image and free your mind from its boring look.
Just to keep in mind how much the use of chemical dyes is harmful to your hair growth, many prestigious people in the cosmetic world are aware of their effects.
Lighten your hair naturally
One of them is Ni’Kita Wilson, who works as the executive director of Catalyst Cosmetic Development, and Elizabeth Cunnane Phillips. Both agree that coloring your hair with chemical products weakens it and makes it dry.
Dermatologist Gloria Garnacho, points out that hair dyes are quite harmful and can cause premature hair loss.
To make matters worse, “more than 5,000 different chemical elements are used in the chemical composition of hair dyes, some of which are classified as carcinogenic,” according to the National Cancer Institute (NIH).
As explained above, it is better to minimize chemical dyes or use safer, more natural ways to change your hair color. We suggest you try homemade cinnamon dye, which you can use twice a month to bleach your hair up to 2 shades.
So, try this homemade method to lighten your hair naturally. I’m sure you’ll like it. It’s very easy to do at home.
Here’s the recipe!
Honey and cinnamon hair dye recipe
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
If you have very long hair, double or triple the dosage as needed.
- You will need to put the olive oil on a medium heat (be careful not to burn it).
- Add the other ingredients (powdered cinnamon and honey) when it comes to a boil.
- Stir until the mixture is soft and thick (it should be quite thick, but it should be easy to apply).
How to apply
- To apply this homemade hair color, start from the roots to the ends of your hair, try to do it strand by strand to ensure a complete coverage.
- Once you’ve made sure that your hair is covered by the color (blend). Let’s use the thermal cap.
- Keep the hat on for a minimum of 40 minutes. Then wash your hair with warm water, not too hot.
Benefits of Cinnamon Hair Color
The use of cinnamon in your hair will not only allow you to color it, but will also have many other benefits associated with it:
1. Cinnamon has a deep effect on the skin and hair, and that is why it is very popular in the world of industrial cosmetics, for the production of creams, shampoos, etc. Cinnamon significantly reduces hair loss, promotes hair growth and strength, and eliminates dryness. That’s why cinnamon significantly reduces hair loss. It promotes hair growth and strength, and eliminates dryness.
Cinnamon is an excellent hair lightening agent? Besides the above benefits, cinnamon can lighten your hair up to two shades if you want lighter hair. The effect will be accentuated if you do it regularly.
2. Honey is also a growth promoter, an excellent disinfectant that is enhanced by the binding and mixing of other ingredients such as cinnamon and olive oil. It is an excellent disinfectant, and it is an excellent removal of excess sebum that may be present in the scalp.
3. Olive Oil is used to help keep hair hydrated.
Keep reading: 8 Unexpected Uses of Honey in Your Beauty Routine