For those who have a special event and need to lose 10 pounds fast, the tomato diet will surely help you try it !
Tomato is one of the most consumed foods in the world, characterized by providing a delicious flavor to meals and be very versatile in cuisine.
However, aside its taste and its multiple uses, this ingredient is full of properties that are very good for health and for good weight loss results.
Some of the major benefits of eating tomato for weight loss include their natural components such as:
- Low in calories, a small tomato provides 18 kcal.
- Rich in water, helps eliminate toxins
- High in vitamins A, B, C, P and K, known as antioxidants.
- Source of minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, sodium and manganese.
- Controls blood pressure and prevents cramps.
- High in fiber, it provides satiety
- Very powerful antioxidants that act to improve metabolism.
How to lose weight with tomato diet?
With all the benefits of tomato for weight loss, you can take advantage of their benefits through a very special diet with which you can lose 10 pounds in 7 days.
Of course, it is important to clarify that this diet can only be done during the recommended seven days, because if it is exceeded in its application can have side effects on health. Keeping this in mind and being ready to take on this challenge, the following is the diet plan.
|BREAKFAST||Tomato and carrot juice|
|LUNCH||Hake fillet in tomato sauce|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Lettuce leaves stuffed with tomato slice, mint and lean cheese|
|DINNER||Tomato, spinach and palm hearts salad|
|LUNCH||Tomato, kale and spreadable cheese salad|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Tomato, celery and cucumber smoothie|
|DINNER||Omelette with cheese, tomato and chives|
|BREAKFAST||Tomato puree with rosemary|
|LUNCH||Tomato and mint smoothie|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Tomato, carrot and lemon juice smoothie|
|DINNER||Watercress and tomato smoothie|
|BREAKFAST||Ciabatta bread with tomato puree|
|LUNCH||Fish with dried tomato with garlic and parsley|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Apple and tomato smoothie|
|DINNER||Grilled fresh cheese and cherry tomatoes brochette|
|LUNCH||Eggs in tomato pulp|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Canned tomatoes (vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, cloves, black peppercorns)|
|DINNER||Tomato salad with alfalfa sprouts and chopped onion|
|BREAKFAST||Cucumber and tomato sandwich|
|LUNCH||Tomatoes stuffed with tuna paste and capers|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Eggplant pulp cooked with chopped tomatoes and garlic|
|DINNER||Tomato seedless omelette with zucchini|
|BREAKFAST||Blueberry and toast smoothie with chopped tomato|
|LUNCH||Grilled tomato fish with oregano|
|AFTERNOON SNACK||Seaweed stuffed with tomato puree and chopped hard-boiled egg|
|DINNER||Salad with tomato, mushrooms, strips of feta cheese and diced pineapple|
How to prepare tomato juice?
Like any other juice, tomato juice is very easy to prepare and you can enjoy it fresh at any time of your diet, specially during recommended meals.
- 2 fresh tomatoes.
- ½ lemon with peel.
- 2 glasses of water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Strain and serve immediately
- If desired, it can also be blended with half a carrot to give it a more special flavor.
- We recommend to drink it immediately to avoid oxidation of vitamins.
- 800 g vine tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 25 ml olive oil extra virgin
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- First, carefully wash the vine tomatoes under cold running water. Then remove the stems. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds by gently squeezing.
- Place the tomato halves in a large saucepan and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Season with a little salt, mix well and leave to rest.
- Fit the food mill with the medium or fine blade. Add a few tomatoes at a time and strain by gently turning them into a bowl below.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the whole peeled garlic cloves until translucent.
- Add the strained tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer over a low heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the sauce.
- Finely chop the basil and add to the sauce. Stir well and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- This delicious sauce is now ready to be used with any type of pasta!
Remember to follow this diet for only 3 days without overdoing it. Once you finish it, you will have to continue a very healthy eating plan to maintain a balanced weight and not gain back the kilos that were lost with this diet.
Include foods rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Drink water and natural juices; exercise and avoid unhealthy habits.
The ideal is to consult a nutritionist before starting a diet, so that he/she can tell you what your ideal weight is and if you are able to start a diet. Remember that losing weight in excess is not recommended either.