These simple double chin exercises will give you a thinner face from every angle.
A double chin is the excess fat and skin that accumulates under the chin and can be an aesthetic problem for many people. Fortunately, there are exercises that can be done to tone up and eliminate the flab. In this article, we will show you the best exercises to tone your double chin.
Why does fat accumulate around the chin?
The accumulation of fat in the double chin is one of the most common concerns for both men and women. The double chin is the area under the chin that can show sagging and excess fat, which can affect facial appearance and self-esteem. The main causes of fat accumulation in the double chin are explained below:
- Genetics: As with any part of the body, genetics can influence the amount of fat that accumulates in the double chin. If you have a family history of fat accumulation in this area, you are more likely to have it.
- Being overweight: Obesity and being overweight are important factors that contribute to the accumulation of fat in the double chin. When the body has excess fat, it can accumulate in various areas, including the double chin.
- Age: As we age, muscles and skin lose their natural firmness and elasticity, which can cause sagging around the chin and contribute to fat accumulation.
Poor posture: Poor posture, such as tilting your head forward for long periods of time, can cause tension in your neck and jaw muscles. This can contribute to and cause the accumulation of fat in the double chin.
- Diet and lifestyle: An unhealthy diet, excessive alcohol consumption and a sedentary lifestyle can all contribute to the accumulation of fat in a double chin.
The accumulation of fat in a double chin is a common problem that many people face. Fortunately, there are routines and exercises you can do to help reduce double chin and tone the neck area. Here are some exercises routines to help reduce a double chin:
Double chin exercises can be an effective way to tone your neck and jaw muscles, which can help reduce the appearance of fat in that area. Exercises like jaw lifting, head turning, and lip and tongue movements are some of the exercises that can be helpful in reducing double chin fat.
It is advisable to perform these exercises at least three times a week, for a few minutes each time. In addition, it is important to complement exercise with a healthy and balanced diet, which includes foods low in fat and calories, and drinking enough water to maintain adequate hydration.
Double chin exercises: Tone and eliminate sagging
Each step must be done slowly so that the chin muscles are properly involved in the exercise. So let’s start with this simple exercise:
- First, open your mouth wide and then put your lower lip back as if you were covering your lower teeth.
- Finally, close your mouth by keeping your lower lip in the same position while bringing your jaw forward a little.
- Allow your muscles to relax before moving on to the next exercise. Relax your jaw by opening and slowly closing your mouth.
Although this is a very simple exercise, it helps to tone the neck very effectively. The exercise is as described:
- Tilt your head up and move your lips in the same way as you would if you wanted to give a kiss, only you have to force the gesture a little more.
3. Touch your nose
To complete this exercise:
- Stick out your tongue and try to touch your nose with it.
- Place a finger under your chin to feel how your muscles are working and to better control the intensity of the exercise.
This is a resistance exercise that will help you to reduce the volume of your double chin.
- Close your hands and place them directly under your chin.
- Press your chin down into your fists for 5 seconds.
5. Perfect oval
For this last exercise, you will
- Turn your head to the side and bring your jaw forward.
- You will now feel the extension of the jaw and neck muscles.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and repeat the exercise by turning your head to the other side.
How to Get Rid of Double Chin. Exercises to Strengthen Chin and Neck Muscles
How often should I work on my double chin?
The recommended amount of time to work on the double chin and reduce fat in the area may vary depending on the person and the amount of fat accumulated in the area. However, it is recommended that you perform specific double chin exercises at least two to three times a week for effective results.
Remember that consistency is key to getting the results you want. Regular exercise combined with a healthy diet and active lifestyle can reduce double chin and neck fat and tone the area over time.
It is important to remember that results may vary from person to person and that reducing double chin fat may also require the help of other aesthetic treatments or techniques, such as liposuction or the use of radiofrequency treatments or cryolipolysis.
Share these awesome double chin exercises with all your friends. They’ll thank you later when get rid of double chin!